Jacksonville Plumbers & Pipefitters Joint Apprenticeship & Training Trust
489 Stevens Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32254
EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN THE PIPE TRADES
EARN HIGH WAGES AND BENEFITS
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT HOURS
|WHO:||Jacksonville Plumbers and Pipefitters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust|
|WHERE:||489 Stevens Street Jacksonville, FL 32254|
|DATES:||Weekdays January 6, 2014 – April 4, 2014|
9:00 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.
1:30 P.M. – 4:45 P.M.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 2014 – 2015 SCHOOL TERM WILL BE APRIL 4, 2014. COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED NO LATER THAN 4:45 P.M. ON FRIDAY, APRIL 4, 2014 AND MUST BE DELIVERED BY THE APPLICANT.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED AND RETURNED PERSONALLY BY THE APPLICANT. APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE MAILED INTO THIS OFFICE.
Applications for entry into this program are accepted without regard to race, religion, color, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older by time of interview.
- Furnish a copy of birth certificate and valid driver’s license.
- Be a high school graduate by June 7, 2014. Furnish a high school diploma AND an official transcript of high school grades. If you have a GED, furnish an official GED certificate AND official GED test scores.
- Furnish an official Driver History Record from the Division of Drivers Licenses in Tallahassee covering seven years. (Form provided by this office.)
- Be physically able to perform all tasks related to the plumbing and pipefitting industry and pass a physical examination by a medical doctor if accepted into the program.
- Submit to a substance abuse test as required by the Committee.
- If a veteran, please submit a copy of discharge form DD214.
- If your last name is not the same of that which is on your birth certificate, you will have to provide proof of your name change.
- Be of good moral character.
- Satisfy the Joint Apprenticeship Trustees that you have the ability and desire to master the trade.
- Agree to participate in remedial instruction required by the Joint Apprenticeship Trustees.
- Abide by the Standards adopted by the Joint Apprenticeship Trustees.
In addition to the above stated minimums, a good background in mathematics, science, drawing, shop or industrial arts is desirable.
Please note that the applications are for the apprentice school year starting September 2014. No apprentices will be selected or put to work from total number of applicants until all applicants are interviewed by the Trustees.
Jerry M. Thomas