Jacksonville Plumbers & Pipefitters Joint Apprenticeship & Training Trust
If you would like to request an application, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN THE PIPE TRADES
EARN HIGH WAGES AND BENEFITS
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT HOURS
|WHO:||Jacksonville Plumbers and Pipefitters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust|
489 Stevens Street Jacksonville, FL 32254
2420 NE 17th Terrace, Gainesville, FL 32609
|Weekdays April 19, 2021 – June 18, 2021
Wednesday’s ONLY (Gainesville)
9:00 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.
12:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
We are an equal opportunity Program. We will not discriminate against apprentice applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years or older.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age by start of apprenticeship.
- Furnish a government document for proof of age. (Driver License, Government Issued Identification Card, Passport, or a copy of your birth certificate)
- Be a high school graduate by June 18, 2021. Furnish a high school diploma AND an official transcript of high school grades. Please note: If applicant has misplaced their diploma, we will accept a letter on the school or school board’s letterhead stating that applicant has graduated with a standard diploma. The letter should provide applicant’s graduation date and be signed by a school official. Or furnish an official GED certificate AND official GED test scores.
If applicant is currently a senior in High School: (1) High school students must request a letter from their school stating that they are on track to graduate and the date of graduation. This letter and partial official transcripts must be provided before the application deadline. (2) Copy of diploma and completed official transcripts must be submitted immediately following graduation.
- If a veteran, please submit a copy of discharge form DD214.
- Applicants must pay an application fee of $25.00 by money order, cashier’s check, or credit/ debit card. No cash or personal checks will be accepted. Fee MUST be paid prior to the close of the application period. If unable to pay, applicants must submit a request for a waiver, demonstrating that the application fee would pose a hardship.
- Once the requirements have been completed, the applicant will attend the aptitude testing event and achieve a qualifying score.
- Be physically able to perform all tasks related to the plumbing and pipefitting industry and pass a physical examination by a medical doctor, if accepted into the program.
- If accepted, submit to a substance abuse test as required by the Committee.
- Agree to participate in remedial instruction required by the Joint Apprenticeship Trustees.
- Abide by the Standards adopted by the Joint Apprenticeship Trustees.
Please note that the applications will be for the apprentice school year starting September 2021. No apprentices will be selected or put to work from total number of applicants until all applicants are interviewed by the Trustees.
- Apprenticeships include a structured training plan, with a focus on mastering specific skills an employer needs to fill an occupation within their organization.
- Internships aren’t structured and often focus on entry-level general work experience.
- Apprentices receive individualized training with an experienced mentor who walks them through their entire process. Internships do not always include mentorship.
- Our Apprenticeships are paid and receive 6 month pay increases if they maintain a passing average in classes. Internships are often unpaid and may not lead to a full-time job.
- Apprenticeships lead to an industry-recognized credential. Internships typically do not lead to a credential.
- College Credit: Internship and apprenticeship experiences may both lead to college credit, our apprentices earn 45 college credits upon successful completion of our program.
5. Do I have to pass a drug test?
Yes, our school and contractors maintain a drug free workplace.