Jacksonville Plumbers & Pipefitters Joint Apprenticeship & Training Trust
489 Stevens Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32254
EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN THE PIPE TRADES
EARN HIGH WAGES AND BENEFITS
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT HOURS
|WHO:||Jacksonville Plumbers and Pipefitters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust|
|WHERE:||489 Stevens Street Jacksonville, FL 32254|
|DATES:||Weekdays January 6, 2020 – April 10, 2020|
|TIMES:||9:00 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.
1:30 P.M. – 4:45 P.M.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 – 2021 SCHOOL TERM WILL BE APRIL 10, 2020. COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED NO LATER THAN 4:45 P.M. ON FRIDAY, APRIL 10, 2020 AND MUST BE DELIVERED BY THE APPLICANT.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED AND RETURNED PERSONALLY BY THE APPLICANT. APPLICATIONS ARE NOT TO BE MAILED INTO THIS OFFICE.
FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN A JOB RIGHT NOW OUR LOCAL UNION 234 ACCEPTS APPLICATIONS YEAR ROUND FOR PRE-APPRENTICES (HELPERS). FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON A PRE-APPRENTICE POSITION PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL UNION AT (904) 786-0941.
We are an equal opportunity Program. We will not discriminate against apprentice applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years or older.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older by time of interview.
- Furnish a VALID Driver’s License.
- Furnish a copy of birth certificate. If your last name is not the same of that which is on your birth certificate, you will have to provide proof of your name change.
- Be a high school graduate by June 5, 2020. Furnish a high school diploma (If you have misplaced your diploma, we will accept a letter on the school or school board’s letterhead stating that you graduated with a standard diploma, your graduation date and signed by a school official.) AND an official transcript of high school grades. If you have a GED, furnish an official GED certificate AND official GED test scores. (High school students can submit a letter from school on letterhead stating that you are on track to graduate. Please provide graduation date and your official transcripts before application deadline. You will be required to turn in your diploma and completed official transcripts immediately following graduation.)
- An assessment test will be scheduled here at our school for each completed applicant prior to an interview with the Committee. The results of this will NOT hinder your interview in any way.
- Furnish an official Driver History Record from the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) covering the last seven years.
- Be physically able to perform all tasks related to the plumbing and pipefitting industry and pass a physical examination by a medical doctor if accepted into the program.
- If accepted, submit to a substance abuse test as required by the Committee.
- If a veteran, please submit a copy of discharge form DD214.
- Be of good moral character.
- Satisfy the Joint Apprenticeship Trustees that you have the ability and desire to master the trade.
- Agree to participate in remedial instruction required by the Joint Apprenticeship Trustees.
- Abide by the Standards adopted by the Joint Apprenticeship Trustees.
In addition to the above stated minimums, a good background in mathematics, science, drawing, shop or industrial arts is desirable.
Please note that the applications are for the apprentice school year starting September 2020. No apprentices will be selected or put to work from total number of applicants until all applicants are interviewed by the Trustees.
Kirk D. Barras